Scripting the future
An energetic interactive program that provides the opportunity for participants to create their own movie representation of the company culture.
The stories we share about the organization reveal the predominant corporate culture. But the deliberate use of story can also be instrumental in shaping the culture. By identifying the stories people tell and analyzing these, it is possible to gain an understanding of significant experiences and issues that may need to be acknowledged and managed. Creating new stories that express hopes and desires, based on the needs identified and values and vision for the future, will help to transform organizational culture. In the process, there will be increased buy-in and motivation to work towards those goals.
- An energetic interactive program that provides the opportunity for participants to create their own movie representation of the company culture - often with hilarious results.
- The program reinforces the concept that in order to come up with unique ideas and effective outcomes, a group needs to learn to work together as a ‘production’ crew, each crew member contributing his or her talents according to the given role.
- Teams are equipped with props, video camera, script concepts and roles – and they are then given the challenge to create a story and shoot a short film/advertisement that incorporates all the elements of what their organization represents within the context of the current environment.
- The activity peaks at a special ‘Academy Awards’ ceremony (over dinner), where talent and teamwork qualities are recognized and celebrated. The most successful teams are those that are able to coordinate their strategies to come up with creative results.
- Understanding the significance of story and the ways it can be shaped
- Translating common experiences and issues into a new story
- Utilizing story as a means of changing organizational culture
This is another original and unique program exclusively designed and presented by Tirian.