Breaking down the silo mentality
Resource management exercise focusing on learning to deal with the changing seasonal challenges faced by fictional isolated mountainside communities.
In any organization, no matter how large or small, individuals will need to know how to collaborate with others effectively in order to avoid a silo-minded mentality and achieve the best results. And yet authentic collaboration requires a certain amount of openness and vulnerability. In order to assist individuals with recognizing the steps needed for achieving full collaboration and developing the confidence and trust needed to take these steps, the contrast between independent coexistence and mutually beneficial cooperation must be emphasized. This program helps to reveal this contrast and deal with the issues using constructive strategies.
- A thought-provoking table-based resource management exercise in which groups must learn to deal with the changing seasonal challenges faced by fictional isolated mountainside communities.
- Each community group has to find ways to get over the mountain in order to share resources effectively and survive.
- Through negotiating exchanges with limited communication opportunities, individuals learn the importance of open communication and shared information and resources.
- A great way to introduce creative approaches to working together.
- Dealing with the silo mentality
- Negotiating using win/win strategies for superior solutions
- Sharing resources within and between teams
This is another original and unique program exclusively designed and presented by Tirian.