Diverse teams under pressure
A dramatic themed program that simulates an expedition to Antarctica to look at the effects of pressure on diverse teams.
Is the future of the new team "on thin ice"? Contemporary teams face increasingly difficult challenges and require extra cohesion to function positively for corporate success. Diverse international teams are becoming the norm, creating virtual communities that must span long distances, or even cross the globe. It will be important for the organization of the future to take precautions to prevent team fissure and avoid the dangers of being stuck "on thin ice". Through highlighting the issues that teams often face as companies attempt to keep pace with rapid technological and organizational change, it is possible to be better prepared for the impact.
- Takes participants through the simulated experience of an exciting themed challenge set in Antarctica. In a frozen environment, groups must navigate around the continent as virtual teams and find ways to prevent icebergs from breaking away - learning to deal with different perspectives.
- Throughout this task, the overall team performance needs to be coordinated and information must be effectively shared in order to reach a common goal.
- Fascinating facts from NASA research and actual Antarctica expeditions are woven into engaging and entertaining exercises in which individuals form expedition groups that have the opportunity to "explore" beyond their current experience into the future.
- Among the challenges in this program are the special needs of virtual and cross-cultural teams, contemporary team communication, leadership and individual responsibility ...and much more.
- The session provides specific takeaway tools for ongoing team development, including the practical "ICE" strategy: Identifying needs and planning, Communicating and clarifying, and Evaluating..
- Understanding the nature of team dynamics
- Creating common perspectives and language to streamline communication across barriers
- Dealing with the pressures faced by diverse teams in challenging scenarios
This is another original and unique program exclusively designed and presented by Tirian.